Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer is Officially Here!

The kids had their last day of school on Friday. To celebrate we did our annual Leatherby's and movie, right after school! Leatherby's has the yummiest, tastiest, most divine caramel I have ever tasted. I even broke my own personal rule for this caramel. It's actually the movie theaters rule "No Outside Food or Drinks" but none of my friends or family seem to be able to follow this rule and I have always prided myself on following this rule! And then the moment arrived, I had just finished my sandwich and cheese fries. I had no room left for the best part, and there was no way I was giving up my caramel sundae!!

So now I had my caramel sundae in a to-go container, I couldn't possibly leave it in the hot car so I took it into the theater with me. And now that I had it in the theater it was just sitting in my purse tempting me! Of course I ate my sundae during the movie!! I would say I feel guilty, but it was just too delicious to feel any guilt about breaking the rule! :)

X-Men:First Class was a good movie. Jordan really liked it. Matt liked it, except the part where Wolverine drops an F-bomb. I really liked the Mystique storyline, and Chloe thought Mystique was dumb for the choice she made.

As we were driving home, Chloe was asking what Matt and I were doing for the rest of the night while she was at her friend's party and Matt replied with, "Well, knowing your mom like I do, we are probably going to be watching our X-Men movies we have at home." This made me crack-up because while we were leaving the theater I had the thought of having Matt bring all the X-Men dvds upstairs so I could watch them while doing chores like laundry or whatever.....I guess he does know me pretty well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment