Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Courage

I have so many things to blog about from May, so I will be playing catch-up for the next few days. I thought I'd start with a post about my beautiful, sweet Chloe......

In May, Chloe ran for Student Body President at her school. She had a great campaign. Her theme was centered around Star Wars. Here is a picture of her campaign posters. My favorite has the saying, "The force is strong with this one," with a picture of Chloe.
Here is Chloe's video:
Here is Chloe's video:

Although Chloe made a valiant effort, she did not win.(Big Frowny Face) I thought she would be devastated, but the SBO Advisor pulled her aside and told Chloe she should be proud of herself, it was a close race. Chloe thought the advisor was just giving the standard "cheer-up" pep talk, so Chloe just said, "suuurrrreeee." To which the Advisor said, "Really, Chloe, it was only a 4 vote difference!"

FOUR VOTES!!

I am really proud of Chloe! I think it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there in front of peers, a lot of courage to take a chance on something new, and most of all to handle it all with courage, pride, and grace. Chloe is aWeSoMe! I know she will continue to step out of the box and try new things and I am so happy she continues to do it with courage!

Here's a little saying I found that I thought fit this whole life experience perfectly:

It takes strength to be firm and it takes courage to be gentle.

It takes strength to conquer and it takes courage to surrender.

It takes strength to be certain and it takes courage to have doubt.

It takes strength to fit in and it takes courage to stand out.

It takes strength to feel a friend's pain and it takes courage to feel your own pain.

It takes strength to endure abuse and it takes courage to stop it.

It takes strength to stand alone and it takes courage to lean on another.

It takes strength to love and it takes courage to be loved.

It takes strength to survive and it takes courage to live.

- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment