Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Garden

My bestie surprised me one day last month by calling and saying she was heading to Lowe's the next day and did I want to come along. I, of course, suffering from 'Cabin Fever' jumped at the chance to get out of the house. My friend brought her little girl, and I brought Jordan (which turned out to be a big blessing!!!)

I had every intention of buying some flowers for my flower patch that lines our ramp. And possibly some flowers for the big empty barrels sitting in our yard  just waiting to be used. I ended up buying flowers for the ramp, and the barrels, plus 4 tomato plants, 2 bell pepper plants and some marigolds. All of which were insisted on by Jordan. He loves tomatoes and loves the color orange (the color of the stinky marigolds we bought!)

After I brought my flowers home I had a bit of buyers remorse, and then a flood of panic because I have only had pale pink thumbs, without a hint of green ever!! Once again my bestie came to the rescue, instead of watching our favorite show we had back logged on my DVR, we went out and planted the ramp. I use the term "We" loosely because she is a super fast gardener, I think I did a total of two plants, while she did all the rest on the ramp patch. She did show me the ropes, and I was able to finish the rest of the barrels and tomato patch with Matt the next day. I am so excited to see how things grow and if I get any tomatoes. My flowers look lovely and I love having flowers lining the ramp! Here's a few pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment