Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fifteen Years


"Even time itself changes. It's the heart that stays the same." ~anonymous

It amazes me that we are celebrating 15 years of marriage on September 9th! We had planned to be in Hawaii for our 15th anniversary, but medical bills ate away our vacation money. We still had some money left to go play downtown for a few days- and play we did!!!!

We went to see The Lion King at the Capitol Theater. It was amazing. One of my favorite parts in that show is when the actors are dressed as the grass in the plains and are swaying like the wind is bristling through. It is so beautiful. The whole production is truly a work of art!

We tried to go to dinner after the show, which ended about 9:45, but who knew that downtown Salt Lake closes early?!? We ended up at the Red Rock Brewery Company which stays open til 1AM. They brew their own cream soda and it was yummy. My halibut was also tasty.

The nice part about staying at the Downtown Hilton is that it was perfect for walking everywhere. (Well, perfect for Matt to walk and push my chair!) The Hilton was nice, Matt surprised me with breakfast in bed. We then headed out for a day around the town, only as we were walking through the lobby to our surprise it was pouring rain. As we stood there discussing whether to take the car or risk a few rain showers as we walked, we got another surprise- Matt's mom coming towards us in the lobby! Apparently, she had a work conference she was helping out with. She introduced us to a few of her nice work friends and then Matt grabbed our umbrella and off we went just as the rain stopped. Lucky us!

We headed a few blocks over to The Gateway. We browsed some shops. Among my favorites, The Body Shop (they have my favorite coconut body lotion!), Coldwater Creek, and then the store of all stores- THE APPLE STORE!! Surprisingly I walked out of the store empty handed, and only because of the precious words that came out of Matt's mouth, "If you wait til April, I will buy you the V2 iPad." That's right ladies and gentlemen, you heard it hear first. In April, I will be the proud owner of an iPad!!! Can't wait!!!

We love movies, so of course we saw some movies. The first movie was Avatar in 3D. Luckily, for me, Avatar was brought back into the theaters with some newly added scenes. I know I am probably the last person in the country to have not seen it until now. Matt had seen it on his plane ride to Prague, but said it was much better on the BIG screen. It was another piece of artwork, so visually stunning. I really enjoyed it.

Dinner was a little disappointing. I'd been wanting to try the California Pizza Kitchen forever, especially since it is one of my good friend's favorite place to eat. It was not impressive. Maybe I ordered wrong, but my sandwich was not good at all and Matt's pizza only tasted ok to me. The Cesar salad and my strawberry coconut smoothie was delicious, though.

After dinner, we walked around some more before our next movie started. We didn't realize that we had a tradition to uphold- well, Matt had a tradition to uphold.....but as our second movie ended I turned to him and said, "You are not allowed to choose a movie we see on our anniversary, anymore!!" Matt wholeheartedly agreed with me that this is his 2nd time in a row to choose a stinker! The American with George Clooney, don't waste your time or your money!!

Walking through the city back to our hotel was fun. I also loved sleeping in the next morning! We made it to one last movie - Resident Evil 3D! I know I'm weird, but I like those kind of movies. Matt considers himself lucky to have a wife that will see the action movies with him!

We hurried home thinking our kids might want to come home, but our friends obviously spoil them or something because they begged to stay for a couple more hours. It makes me happy that my kids were well taken care of while we were gone and that they had so much fun with them!

I had so much fun celebrating our 15 year anniversary with the love of my life! I cannot believe 15 years has gone by, but I am looking forward to each and every year to come with this amazing man. He still makes me feel like the pretty girl in the picture above, after all these years- which clearly, I'm not. But it is so nice to have someone look at you and treat you like you still are! I absolutely love that man!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great anniversary! Congratulations! You are still a very pretty girl, Matt is a lucky guy :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanya! You are so sweet! Love & miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete