Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reading, Reading, Reading

My book list is always full. There are so many books and so little time, that is why it makes me happy when I am able to knock a few off my to-read list. And in the past week I have managed to knock off three. They are kid/young adult books which is why I was able to breeze through them in a week.



I finished Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, which was highly recommended by Miss Chloe. I enjoyed it and I'm going to read the rest of the series. We actually gave Chloe two of the books in the series about three years ago and she's been bugging me to read them ever since.



I also finished the last book in the 39 Clues series- Into the Gauntlet. This one was a bit of a struggle to finish because I was so excited to see how the series wraps up, but the beginning of the book drags a bit. I actually stopped and picked up another book because it was dragging so badly, but then Jordan gave me a disapproving lecture and so I gave it another chance. I thought the end-all of the clue hunt was a bit of a let down, but it has a good message about families and forgiveness so I'd say it was worth the read.



I can't believe I waited so long to jump on this bandwagon, but Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was incredible! I absolutely loved this book. I was shocked by the darkness of the world that Katniss, the main character, lives in. I could hardly put the book down as I was pulled into her world and journey! I definitely recommend this book!!! I am excited to read the next two books in the series & I can't wait for Hollywood to make the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment