Wednesday, October 6, 2010

General Conferance!!! :)

I know it's a little late and that my mom already blogged about it but I really wanted to blog about it and I'm sure I have some different stuff then my mom. So.... General Conference!! It was last Saturday and Sunday and was totally amazing!!!! The Saturday morning Session was awesome! My favorite talks from that session were Jeffery R. Hollands and Dieter F. Uchtdorfs. Jeffery R. Hollands talk was about Individual Worth and kindness. It was very good. Dieter F. Uchtdorfs was about focusing on the necessities in your life and mastering the fundamentals. This one really spoke to me because I have been very much off the wagon for practicing the violin which I feel should be a necessity in my life.
My favorite talk in the second session was Robert D. Hales. He talked about agency. I loved some of the quotes he had in his talk like "If we make the same choice to follow Christ and Heavenly Father here, like we did in Heaven, we will be able to return to him." and also " Returning to the Lord isn't easy, but it's worth it."
In the third session my favorite talks were by Henry B. Eyring, Boyd K. Packer, and Thomas S. Monsan. Henry B. Eyring talked about trusting in the Lord and that the Lord would take care of us. Boyd K. Packer talked about being sexually clean. My favorite quote from him was "Wickedness never brings happiness.". He also said that part of repentance was forgiving yourself and that we shouldn't look back. President Monson talked about service and gratitude. My favorite quote from him was "You never now when it will be too late."
Finally, in the fourth session my favorite talks were by Per G. Malm who talked about staying in the now. My favorite quote from him was "How we choose to act and react will not only affect us but also others." I also liked Mervin B. Arnold who talked about commandments and how they keep us safe. My favorite quote from him was "The grass is never greener on the other side." (You stupid cow! :)) And last but not least I liked M. Russell Ballards talk. He talked about not getting caught in Satan's traps, that prayer could always help us, and that we should set aside all our pride.
So that's my favorite talks from conference!!!! It was amazing! Oh and I forgot to mention that we actually went to the conference center for the Sunday morning session! It has always been a huge dream of mine and was an amazing experience! I loved it! :)
Love,
Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment