Sunday, October 3, 2010

Conference Weekend

It's that time of year again when we recharge our spiritual batteries by watching the semi-annual LDS General Conference. The Saturday morning and afternoon session we watched at our house. We went to dinner with the Roblyer Clan. We usually go to El Farol's but this time we tried a different Mexican place called Salsa Leedos. It wasn't bad. They seemed a little short staffed, but other than the amount of time it took to get our food, I have no complaints. The guys headed off to the Priesthood session and the ladies & munchkins headed back to play games at Grandma and Grandpa's. *Not that it's important, but I won the first game (I don't know the name of it but it's kind of like Sorry!) & I was dominating our second game, phase 10!! Yay me!!!!

The Sunday session was a new experience for our family. Our Bishop gave us tickets for the morning session, so we headed downtown to the Conference Center. The kids were so excited to be in the same room as the Prophet. And my favorite quote from Chloe this week leading up to conference, "Can you imagine the spirit in the room being with so many of our fellow saints?!?!" Such a wise girl!

Here's some pictures of us waiting for conference to start!



I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from Conference, "Love is spelled T-I-M-E!" ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment