Monday, September 12, 2011

Mimosa

Two weekends ago, we were at a luncheon following the baptism of my best friend's son. Now to set the picture up clearly in your mind let me fill you in on a few tid-bits. It was a luncheon following a baptism into the LDS church, which we are all strong members. My best friend's husband happens to be my husbands best friend and is also our Bishop. And the last thing you need to know is that I am an IDIOT!

The Scene:
I was chatting with my best friend and her mom, who happened to be leaving. We were chatting about hair and then her mom's necklace caught my eye. It really is one of the cutest things I've ever seen and so clever. It was this teeny-tiny glass vial with a petal/strand from a dandelion inside the vial, and next to the vial was this tiny silver plaque with the word "wish" en graven upon it. My description doesn't do it justice, and what made it even cuter is the fact that my best friend's mom made it! This revelation led to this conversation:



Me: "You are so talented. It is such a cute necklace."

BFF's Mom: "Thank you! I want to make one for each of my daughters and nieces honoring their grandpa. He loved mimosa, do you know what that is?"

Me: "I do! It's that orange juice and champagne mixed drink."





At this point my BFF and BFF's mom burst out laughing, almost falling over, they are laughing so hard. I'm just looking at them with a questioning look and I say, "What?? What did I say?" Finally through their laughter they say, "No, he loved the mimosa flower!" Now I burst out laughing as I say, "Oh, I'm sorry! Of course it's a flower!" We're all still laughing our heads off and I'm laughing so hard I have tears streaming down my face! "I can't believe I am that clueless!"- is what I'm really thinking.

When I got home that day, I of course, googled the mimosa flower! I could not help but crack-up over my stupidity all weekend long. Especially as I realized the three major flaws to my brain power that day.



#1 Like my BFF's Mom is going to be referring to alcohol at an event like that!
#2 Like my BFF's Mom is going to mix up a batch of Mimosa and pour it into those teeny-tiny vials!
#3 Like my BFF's Mom is going to give her daughters and nieces a vial of alcohol to wear around their necks!


DUH! DUH! DUH!
I should not be allowed to speak to people in public!


No comments:

Post a Comment